All Sections

Home | Courts

NH woman sues Merrimack business over e-cigarette burns

September 01. 2017 5:25AM

CONCORD — A Brookline woman is suing a Merrimack e-cigarette store, saying she was burned when her e-cigarette exploded.

According to the McGrath Law Firm of Concord, Dana Albee, then 17, ended up with serious burns on her hands, face, mouth and thigh and needed treatment at Shriner’s Hospital in Boston after the October 2015 incident.

The lawsuit against GPV Vapor in Merrimack seeks recovery of payment for medical bills, along with compensation for pain and suffering.

In February 2016, Peter McGrath represented Matthew Gilson, 26, of Moultonborough, who suffered second- and third-degree burns after a vapor cigarette exploded.

That suit was against the manufacturer of the e-cigarette, Shenzhen Kanger Technology Co. of China, along with the retailer Smoker’s Haven Smoke Shop in Laconia.

“The public needs to be aware about the possible dangers involved with e-cigarettes and vaporizers. This victim would hate to see this happen to someone else,” McGrath said in a statement.

“More and more people are vaping, thinking it’s a safe alternative to smoking. But there are serious risks involved.”

Courts Business Health Brookline Merrimack

More Headlines

Dansereau gets prison for car chase