All Sections

Home | Crime

Former Nashua man pleads guilty to federal escape charge


November 03. 2017 12:52PM

Eric Judkins 


CONCORD — A former Nashua man pleaded guilty in federal court Thursday to an escape charge after failing to return to a Manchester halfway house in August, according to a news release.
 
Acting U.S. Attorney John Farley said in the release that Eric Judkins, 34, had been sentenced in 2000 to 17½ years for a New Hampshire bank robbery and received an additional 27-month sentence after pleading guilty to assaulting an inmate in the federal prison in Pennsylvania where he had been serving his time.

On June 13 Judkins was transferred from a federal prison in Kentucky to the Hampshire House Residential Reentry Center on Elm Street in Manchester, the news release said, with an expected release date of April 8, 2018. In late August, he left the facility with permission, but didn’t return by the required time and was found days later and arrested by U.S. Marshals in Pennsylvania, according to the release.

Judkins is scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 13, 2018, the release said.


Crime Concord Manchester


More Headlines