Small Business Administration seeks award nominations
November 19. 2017 10:40PM
CONCORD — The U.S. Small Business Administration is accepting nominations for its 2018 National Small Business Week Awards, including the annual Small Business Person of the Year.
The dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw/awards provides forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination.
Awards given in celebration of National Small Business Week, April 29 to May 5, in New Hampshire include the following:
• Small Business Person of the Year: one from each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam.
• Small Business Exporter of the Year
• Woman Owned Small Business of the Year
• Veteran Owned Small Business of the Year
• Family Owned Small Business of the Year
• Young Entrepreneur of the Year (must be under 35 as of June 1, 2018)
• Financial Services Champion: For advocacy above and beyond to positively influence the environment for small business financial success.
• Small Business Champion: For advocacy above and beyond in support of small business establishment and growth.
Nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. Jan. 9. The SBA encourages all nominators to submit leads by no later than Dec. 1 to NewHampshire_DO@sba.gov. Nominations packages can be mailed, hand delivered or emailed so long as any personally identifiable information is protected.
For more information contact the New Hampshire SBA office at 225-1400.