All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Nashua firefighters quickly extinguish fire in dryer

Staff Report
December 11. 2017 12:28AM

Nashua firefighters had to extinguish a dryer fire at a Pine Street apartment building on Sunday afternoon. (COURTESY)

NASHUA — Gate City firefighters made quick work of a dryer fire on Pine Street on Sunday afternoon.

Nashua firefighters responded to a laundry room in an apartment building at 210 Pine St. at 2:06 p.m.

On arrival, crews encountered heavy smoke conditions throughout the building. The burning dryer was located in the basement.

Firefighters stretched a hose line into the laundry area and extinguished the small blaze. There were no injuries reported.

The cause was determined to be accidental, and blamed on equipment malfunction.

Fires Nashua

More Headlines