Green View Technologies founder wins SBA award
March 22. 2018 9:33PM
CONCORD — Mark Wentworth, founder and president of Green View Technologies of Rollinsford, was selected as Small Business Administration’s New Hampshire Small Business Person of the Year.
The SBA and the New Hampshire Bankers Association announced its 2018 award winners this week recognizing outstanding small business owners throughout the state.
Wentworth will compete with the nation’s top small businesses for the honor of National Small Business Person of the Year during the SBA’s National Small Business Week celebration, April 29 to 30 in Washington, D.C.
Mark Wentworth grew up in a small business family, who owned a greenhouse business and an oil distribution and service business, both in Rollinsford, the SBA said.
“This is a great honor, and I couldn’t be more thankful to SBA and Enterprise Bank for all the support they have provided as Green View Technologies has grown from concept to becoming the leading oil re-refining facility in New England,” Wentworth said in a statement. Green View technologies began in 2010 when Wentworth began re-refining used oils with a focus on preserving a valuable resource while also reducing the toxic emissions associated with the common practice of burning used oil. He contacted Dwight Feeney of Enterprise Bank and secured more than $4 million dollars in SBA financing to get the project started.
“Mark’s business acumen is second to none, and his success with all of his business ventures is a true testament to that statement,” said Feeney, who nominated Wentworth for the award.
When the company receives a gallon of used motor oil it is able to return 98 percent of it as quality base oil, fuel or an asphalt material used in roofing and paving, the SBA said. The remaining 1 to 2 percent is the only waste and is processed at local treatment facilities. The Green View Technologies facility employs 15 people and processes over 4 million gallons of oil annually.
On May 2, the New Hampshire Bankers Association and the New Hampshire District Office of the Small Business Administration will recognize Wentworth and the other 2018 New Hampshire Small Business Award recipients at an evening reception and awards presentation at the Manchester Country Club in Bedford. For more information about the reception call (603) 225-1405 or email email@example.com
Other SBA award winners to be recognized:
• New Hampshire and New England Small Business Exporter of the Year — Jameson Stevens French, Northland Forest Products Inc. of Kingston.
• New Hampshire and New England Young Entrepreneur of the Year — Eric Stephen Spofford, Granite Recovery Centers of Salem.
• New Hampshire Veteran Owned Small Business of the Year — Elizabeth Margaret Bendel, Monadnock Aviation Inc. of Keene.
• New Hampshire Jeffrey Butland Family Owned Small Business of the Year — Aaron M. Bagshaw & Adria M. Bagshaw, W.H. Bagshaw Company LLC of Nashua.
• New Hampshire Woman Owned Business of the Year — Brenda Cloutier, Beyond Mission Capable Solutions LLC of Salem.
• New Hampshire Small Business Champion — Mary Ann Kristiansen, executive director of the Hannah Grimes Center, Keene; and Jennifer D. Boulanger, Capital Region Development Council, Concord.