All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Basement fire leaves Nashua home uninhabitable


April 23. 2018 6:38AM



NASHUA - Smoke damage from a basement fire early Monday has left a Lawndale Avenue home uninhabitable, fire officials said.

Firefighters were called to 57 Lawndale Ave. at 3:31 a.m., located the fire and quickly extinguished it.

Two residents and their dog already had evacuated before fire crews arrived, officials said. No one was injured.

According to a release, an occupant awoke to strange sounds from the basement and saw smoke when they went to investigate just as smoke detectors sounded. The residents are staying with relatives.

The fire is under investigation by the Nashua Fire Marshal's Office, the release said.


Fires Nashua


More Headlines