All Sections

Home | Public Safety

Cooking oil fire leaves Allenstown home uninhabitable

By TRAVIS R. MORIN
Union Leader Correspondent

July 25. 2018 11:03PM



ALLENSTOWN - An overnight house fire that displaced two residents Tuesday was caused by a pot of cooking oil left unattended on the stove, Fire Chief Shawn Murray said.

Allenstown firefighters responded to 42 Ridge Road about 8:58 p.m., arriving to find the home's two occupants had made it out safely along with their pets.

Murray said a pot of cooking oil caught fire.

“The cooking oil on the stove overheated and started a fire that spread to the cabinets and throughout the kitchen,” he said.

“There were no injuries to the occupants or firefighters, and the crews did an excellent job of containing and knocking down the fire.”

Murray said the home is currently uninhabitable because of moderate smoke and water damage throughout and fire damage confined to the kitchen.


Public Safety General News Allenstown


More Headlines