Champions In Action deadline is FridayBy PAUL FEELY
New Hampshire Union Leader
August 14. 2018 10:25PM
MANCHESTER — Nonprofits offering youth leadership programming in the state are reminded the deadline to apply to be considered for selection for the 2019 Champions in Action Award is this Friday.
Citizens Bank and the New Hampshire Union Leader are currently accepting applications for the first Champions in Action Award of 2019, which provides financial, volunteer and public relations support to local nonprofits.
The category for this round of funding is youth leadership.
Nonprofit organizations or partnerships delivering youth leadership programming — defined as benefiting both individuals and the community by engaging youth in constructive action and preparing them to successfully identify community needs, advocate, develop solutions, and work with others — are invited to apply for the Champions award.
Applications can be completed online at www.citizensbank.com/community/champions. The deadline to submit applications is this Friday, Aug. 17, at 5 p.m.
The next Champion in Action is expected to be announced in January 2019.
Champions in Action is part of Citizens Helping Citizens Strengthen Communities, Citizens Bank’s program designed to enhance quality of life and economic vitality in local communities. It provides support for small nonprofit organizations to recognize their contributions to communities throughout New Hampshire.
The selected Champion in Action will receive:
• A $35,000 contribution in unrestricted funds from Citizens Bank;
• Media coverage from the New Hampshire Union Leader;
•Volunteer support from Citizens’ colleagues;
• Promotional support highlighting the Champion in Action in Citizens Bank branches; • Exposure on the Citizens Bank website.
To be eligible for consideration, an organization must:
• Be a New Hampshire-based nonprofit organization that serves New Hampshire and addresses the designated social concern;
• Provide verification of tax-exempt status under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code; and
• Have a total operating budget of $5 million or less.
Get more information about Citizens Bank’s community initiatives online.