All Sections

Home | Crime

NH white supremacist's killer still at large months after parking lot murder

Union Leader Correspondent

September 17. 2018 9:29PM


CLAREMONT — Officials are keeping mum on the murder of reputed white supremacist Jesse Jarvis, who was shot to death outside a Washington Street restaurant in May.

“It’s an active and ongoing investigation, and we are in regular contact with the investigators,” Assistant Attorney General Erin Fitzgerald said.

Claremont Police Chief Mark Chase refused to talk about the investigation, citing the Attorney General’s jurisdiction over the case. Fitzgerald said information about the murder is limited given the active status of the inquiry. No arrests have been made.

Jarvis, 36, was shot in the parking lot of the Imperial Buffet shortly after midnight on May 13. He died at the scene, according to police. There were many people inside the restaurant and in the parking lot when the shooting took place, according to a statement from the Attorney General’s office.

Jarvis was known to be a leader in at least one white supremacist gang before he was murdered. He spent more than a decade of his life in prison, where he was a founding member of the prison gang, Brotherhood of the White Warriors.

Jarvis was paroled on April 10, 2017, according to state officials.

In recent years, he was linked to an online white supremacist group based in the Upper Valley region.

In July 2008, Jarvis was being sought by police for allegedly stealing Nazi flags from a Claremont home. He reportedly was in Charlestown where his father, Anthony Jarvis Sr., lived.

Police took the younger Jarvis into custody, but his father refused to leave his camper and allegedly brandished a 9mm pistol. A shoot-out resulted in which one state trooper was injured, and Anthony Jarvis Sr. was killed.

Anyone with information about the May murder is encouraged to call the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit at 223-4381.


More Headlines

Animal Control officer guilty in groping case