Deroy Murdock: Save the Democrats ... Crush them at the pollsBy DEROY MURDOCK
October 11. 2018 7:31PM
The screams from the U.S. Senate Gallery during the ayes and nayes on Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation were the Democratic Party’s cries for help. Voters should arrange the major intervention that Democrats sorely need, so they might regain their mental health.
What should have been a solemn occasion last Saturday afternoon instead sounded like chilling shrieks from a psychiatric hospital. And, frankly, today’s Democratic Left resembles an insane asylum.
• Leftist mobs have screamed at Sen. Ted Cruz (R–Texas), Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, and other Republicans and hounded them out of restaurants.
• These thugs screamed at Maine’s Susan Collins, Arizona’s Jeff Flake, and Utah’s Orrin Hatch in Capitol Hill elevators and hallways last week.
• Screaming agitators repeatedly interrupted Kavanaugh’s confirmation proceedings and had to be dragged from the Judiciary Committee’s hearing room.
Rather than beg these unhinged hooligans to cease and desist, Democratic leaders encouraged their eruptions.
• Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin of Illinois blessed the outbursts at Kavanaugh’s hearing. Durbin said: “What we heard is the noise of democracy.”
• “Go to the Hill today,” Senator Cory “Spartacus” Booker (D–N.J.) implored fellow Leftists in late July. “Please, get up in the face [sic] of some congresspeople.”
• “You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for,” Hillary Clinton told CNN Tuesday. “That’s why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and or the Senate, that’s when civility can start again.”
• Eric Holder, Obama’s attorney general, abandoned all legal niceties in a speech Sunday: “When they go low, we kick them,” Holder said to cheers in Georgia. “That’s what this new Democratic Party is about.”
President Trump surveyed these dangers and told voters in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Tuesday: “You don’t hand matches to an arsonist, and you don’t give power to an angry left-wing mob. And that’s what the Democrats are becoming.”
Only a massive, crushing defeat in November finally might make the Left heel.
If Democrats win either house, they will go berserk. Impeachment of President Trump, Associate Justice Kavanaugh, and even Vice-President Pence (as some Leftists demand) will top their To-Do list. Medicare for All, scrapping ICE, and Democratic Socialism soon will follow.
To these Leftist words, Antifa will add the music of mob rule: riots, property destruction, physical intimidation, street violence, death threats, and possibly even more severe mayhem — all to advance the Resistance.
If Democrats barely lose (say, the GOP keeps a three-seat House majority), they will blame Russia, GOP voter suppression, patriarchy, white-nationalist lead poisoning, global warming, sexism, Islamophobia, homophobia, income inequality, and racism, racism, racism.
However, if Republicans romp, boost their Senate majority by three to eight seats (ideally securing a filibuster-proof, 60-seat majority) and score an additional dozen-plus House districts, vanquished Democrats will cry together on Nov. 7 and conclude:
“We blew it.
“It’s not Trump. It’s not Russia. It’s not collusion. It’s not whitey. It’s not toxic masculinity. It’s us.
“We blew it in 2016, too.
“Our flawed nominee campaigned on an elitist platform against millions of ‘deplorables’ and offered no positive vision. Lazily, Hillary skipped Wisconsin entirely and spent too little time in Michigan. As NBC News concluded a week after the election: ‘Trump Out-Campaigned Clinton by 50 Percent in Key Battleground States in Final Stretch.’ Trump beat her, fair and square.
“We have no constructive program to make people’s lives better. We’re bullies. We’re cruel. We want control for control’s sake. We just want to bark orders at people. Socialism sucks — overseas and at home.”
It now is the solemn duty of every voter, volunteer, activist, advocate, donor, operative, and candidate on the center-Right to assure that the Democrats experience this desperately needed, self-cleansing, paradigm-shifting wipeout.
Deroy Murdock is a Manhattan-based Fox News Contributor, a contributing editor with National Review Online, and an emeritus media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.