Whittier Bridge #46
Old NH Route 125
This is the fifth bridge to be located at this site. The first bridge was a crude open timber bridge, according to Town Records. Most sources credit the construction of the current bridge to Jacob Berry. The sides of the Whittier Bridge were originally closed with the exception of tiny windows. The sides were opened as part of a 1982 restoration. The bridge was closed to vehicular traffic on March 15, 1989.
Year of Construction: - 1870's
Original Cost: - Unknown
West of N.H. Route 16 at West Ossipee Village on old N.H. Route 125 over the Bearcamp River.
Paddleford truss with added arches. The bridge is 132'7" long with a clear span of 114'0". It has an overall width of 20'6" with a roadway width of 14'10", and has a maximum vertical clearance of 12'6". The bridge is closed to vehicular traffic.