Cilleyville Bridge #16
May 23. 2013 3:19PM
The Cilleyville bridge was the last covered, and probably the shortest built in the Town of Andover. Located in the Cilleyville section of Andover, it was originally known as Bog Bridge. A Cilleyville Bridge was nearby, spanning the Blackwater river. After it was torn down in 1908, the original Bog Bridge became known as the Cilleyville Bridge. The bridge was the model for the Shattuck murals of typical New Hampshire scenes which were once located in the State House in Concord. It fell into disrepair and was completely rehabilitated with the help of private funds by May of 2003. Some of the new timber came from as far away as British Columbia and Georgia.
Year of Construction: - 1887
Original Cost: - $522.63
At the junction of N.H. Route 11 and NH Route 4A in Andover spanning Pleasant Brook.
Town lattice truss. The bridge is 53'0" long with a clear span of 47'6". It has an overall width of 15'9" with a roadway width of 12'6" and a maximum vertical clearance of 11'0". The bridge is restricted to pedestrian traffic only.