Blair Bridge #41
The first bridge at this location was built in 1829 at a cost of $1,000. That bridge was burned down by a man named Lem Parker who claimed that God told him to do it. Parker was taken to court and confessed to the charges. However, he was found not guilty because there were no witnesses. The construction of the current bridge was brought about when a doctor trying to ford the river on horseback found the current too strong. The horse drowned, but the doctor was saved. The town voted to build a bridge immediately. A sign was posted on the bridge indicating there was a fine of five dollars for riding or driving on the bridge faster than five miles per hour.
Year of Construction: - 1869
Original Cost: - Unknown
East of U.S. Route 3, two miles north of Livermore Falls on Blair Road in Campton spanning the Pemigewasset River.
Long truss with arches. The bridge is 292'10" consisting of two clear spans of 139'3" and 131'0". It has an overall width of 20'2", and a maximum vertical clearance of 13'3". The bridge is posted for three tons.