Breakfast Hill


January 09. 2014 3:20PM






North Hampton, NH

Marker Number: 62
Name and date established: North Hampton 1970

Description: On the hillside to be seen to the north of this location, a band of marauding Indians and their captives were found eating their breakfast on June 26, 1696, following the attack at the Portmouth Plains. When confronted by the militia, the Indians made a hasty exit, leaving the prisoners and plunder. This location still enjoys the name of Breakfast Hill.

Location: Located on the east side of Lafayette Road (Route 1) at the Rye-North Hampton town line.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Greenfield Town Meeting House is oldest NH meeting house serving church and state
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Belmont's Lochmere Archaeological District
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Brigadier General James Reed (1722-1807)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Dr. Granny Stalbird, 1755-1845, rode on horseback to visit, treat the sick
Example blog post alt Roadside History: The logging village of Wildwood
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Haverhill Corner Historic District