East Weare Village


January 09. 2014 4:11PM






Route 77 & South Sugar Hill Road
Weare, NH

Marker Number: 143
Name and date established: Weare 1982

Description: In 1960 their beautiful community was sacrificed for the Everett Flood Control Project. Their village was the home for over 60 families and was a self supporting thriving community. Farming and lumbering was the way of life for the villagers. East Weare formerly had a train depot, churches, school, post office, toy shop, garage, grocery store, lumber mills, grist mill, also Grange Hall, cemeteries, blacksmith shop and creamery.

Location: Located on Route 77, at its intersection with South Sugar Hill Road, between North Weare and South Weare.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Bound Rock in Hampton is one of the oldest boundary markers in U.S.
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Exeter served as NH's capital for 14 years
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Surry Mountain 
Gold Mine and Lily Pond
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Greenfield Town Meeting House is oldest NH meeting house serving church and state
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Belmont's Lochmere Archaeological District
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Brigadier General James Reed (1722-1807)