Keene Glass Industries


January 10. 2014 3:06PM






Washington Street
Keene, NH

Marker Number: 69
Name and date established: Keene 1971

Description: The first of the two famous Keene glass factories was established near this site in 1814 and produced window glass for the New England area until 1853. Another glass works (1815 to 1842), 1.5 miles southeast of here on Marlboro Street, made bottles and flasks now known as Keene Glass and prized today by museums and collectors.

Location: Located on the east side of Washington Street at Fuller Park. This marker was erected in cooperation with the Historical Society of Cheshire County, Inc.
FOLLOW US
Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

Historical Markers

Example blog post alt Roadside History: Greenfield Town Meeting House is oldest NH meeting house serving church and state
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Belmont's Lochmere Archaeological District
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Brigadier General James Reed (1722-1807)
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Dr. Granny Stalbird, 1755-1845, rode on horseback to visit, treat the sick
Example blog post alt Roadside History: The logging village of Wildwood
Example blog post alt Roadside History: Haverhill Corner Historic District