Town Meeting House in Greenfield
Marker Number: 130
Name and date established: Greenfield 1979
Description: The oldest original meeting house in New Hampshire serving both church and state. The frame, built from local timber by resident Hugh Gregg, was raised by one hundred volunteers from the village and surrounding towns on September 16, 1795. This fine old structure has served the people of Greenfield continuously since that time as a gathering place for them to worship their God, to legislate their town's civil affairs and to enjoy the good company of their neighbors.
Location: Located at the junction of Route 136 and Route 31. The Greenfield Meeting House was listed on the National Register in 1983.