Wilder-Holton HouseJanuary 03. 2014 3:49PM
Routes 2 & 3
Marker Number: 84
Name and date established: Lancaster 1970
Description: This structure, erected by Major Jonas Wilder, from boards planed and nails wrought on the site, originally possessing a four-fireplace chimney and Indian shutters, is Coos County's first two-story dwelling. Construction was initiated on the noted "Dark Day" of May 19, 1780, which caused work to cease temporarily. Successively a home, a tavern, a church, and a meeting place, it is now a museum.
Location: Located at the northern junction of
Routes 2 and 3. The Wilder-Holton House was listed on the National Register in 1975.