Franklin Pierce Homestead
Hillsborough, NH 03244
Toll free: (603) 478-3165
This 1804 mansion offers a window to our past, and the world of Franklin Pierce's childhood.
Operated by the Hillsborough Historical Society, the boyhood home of America's fourteenth president is a spacious and beautiful, federal style country home. Built by Pierce's father, it reflects the gracious and affluent living of the nineteenth century. A ballroom, which extends the entire length of the second floor, was used for entertaining neighbors and distinguished families of the state and nation. Franklin Pierce shared Daniel Webster's dedication to national unity and led our country during the most trying of times, the time of slavery.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.