Enfield Shaker Museum
Enfield, NH 03748
The Shakers established their Chosen Vale here in 1793, with majestic buildings and gardens. Walking tours of the historic district, exhibits, craft demonstrations, a restaurant and hotel rooms located in a historic Shaker building.
Plan a visit to the Enfield Shaker Museum, where you can view eight Shaker buildings (including the Great Stone Dwelling, the largest Shaker dwelling ever built) on a self-guided or guided tour. Also, take in the sights and smells of our Shaker Gardens, watch skilled artisans demonstrate their traditional crafts, learn the story of the Enfield Shakers through exhibits of their furniture, tools, clothing, and historic photographs, and browse through the Shaker Store.
The museum store, located in the Great Stone Dwelling, contains a wonderful collection of Shaker-related gifts, including cherry oval boxes, tin ware, candles, pottery and more.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.