Loon Center and Markus Wildlife Sanctuary
Lees Mill Road
Moultonborough, NH 03254
Come learn about the wonders of New Hampshire's environment and wildlife.
Perhaps The Loon Center's greatest asset is its location on the Markus Wildlife Sanctuary. The Sanctuary is comprised of 200 acres of upland forests, marshes, ponds, clear-running streams and over 5,000 feet of pristine shoreline on Lake Winnipesaukee, one of the largest remaining areas of natural shoreline on the lake. These diverse habitats make this sanctuary home to a wide host of plant and animal species. The public are invited to explore either of the two trails that wind their way through the Sanctuary and to share their new discoveries with us as well!
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.