Museum of Family Camping
Bear Brook State Park
157 Deerfield Road
Allenstown, NH 03275
The Museum of Family Camping is dedicated to Roy B. Heise (1910-1991), whose dream it was to open a museum to display his collection of camping memorabilia, along with other treasures depicting the history of family camping.
You'll find a pair of 100 year old folding "binoculars" that also serve as magnifying glass and compass, an 1895 sleeping bag in remarkably good condition but weighing 10 times more than the modern version, A 1938 travel trailer and a 1947 tent trailer, among many others. Also, flip through old photos, watch a video about camping in the early days and reminisce abour your own camping experiences.
Website: Museum of Family Camping
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.