248 Nutting Hill Road
Mason, NH 03048
This cozy 1786 cottage once inspired a local artist's illustrations in a 1948 version of "Little Red Riding Hood."
Today the cottage houses a book store, a "Little Red Riding Hood" museum, and a gourmet restaurant. Herbal themed five-course luncheons are served daily, prepared with fresh herbs harvested from the gardens that surround the cottage. More than five acres of herbs and perennial gardens complete with old-fashioned bee skeps, birdhouses and meandering brick pathways are there to explore. A rustic old barn is home to an Herb Shop. A second barn contains a Garden Shop and Greenhouse. Menu changes monthly. Reservations recommended. Open all year except on major holidays. Two miles off Rte. 31.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.