Willey House Site
Crawford Notch, NH
The Willey House is at the site of a landslide that took nine lives in August of 1826.
The Willey House, formerly a small inn and residence in Crawford Notch, is the site of a landslide that claimed nine lives in August of 1826. Though the surrounding area was strewn with boulders and debris, the Willey House stood unharmed. The family however, perished in the landslide, becoming part of the legend of Willey House. Surrounded by the the panorama of Crawford Notch, the site has picnicking areas nearby, along with plentiful hiking trails and campgrounds.
Crawford Notch State Park is open from mid-May through Columbus Day.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.