Extreme Mount Washington
Mount Washington Observatory
Gorham, NH 03581
Ph: (603) 356-2137, ext. 230
Extreme Mount Washington is an interpretive, educational experience that features hands-on, high-tech exhibits to recreate the awe of a Mt. Washington winter.
Located at the summit of Mount Washington, next to the Mount Washington Observatory, the museum offers a hands-on educational experience to show visitors what it feels like to be on Mount Washington in the winter.
See the actual anemometer that recorded the highest wind ever observed by man, feel Cat, watch high definition videos of how rime ice forms and see beautiful panoramic high definition photos taken in different seasons.
There is also a gift shop on the premises.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.