Opinion column submission guidelines
Submissions should measure between 500 and 750 words.
For verification, submissions must include the writer's name, full address, daytime phone number, and occupation. Please list no more than three authors for a column.
Anonymous submissions and those using pseudonyms are not accepted. We are interested in your opinion, not that of another.
Columns critical of another's religion, blasphemous, obscene, legally objectionable or commercial in nature will not be published. Religious columns will be used occasionally.
We prefer columns that focus on New Hampshire issues. We will consider a limited number of submissions on national or regional topics, but they should offer a unique perspective, and they will receive lower priority than columns written about New Hampshire topics.
Please paste your submission into the text of an email message (we do not open attachments) and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Because of the large volume of submissions, we cannot respond to every one.
If you do not have email access, you may mail your submission to Union Leader, Attn.: Opinion Editor, P.O. Box 9555, Manchester, NH 03108-9555.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'