Manchester man charged in June 2016 murderBy PAUL FEELY
New Hampshire Union Leader
September 06. 2017 10:22PM
CONCORD — A Manchester man is facing murder and assault charges in connection with a 2016 incident that left another man dead and a woman injured behind a building on Spruce Street.
Attorney General Gordon J. MacDonald and Manchester Police Chief Nick Willard announced Wednesday in a joint press release that John Gebo, 31, of 237 Spruce St., Apt. 2, is charged with second-degree murder and first-degree assault in connection with a shooting incident that occurred June 1, 2016, behind a building at 135 Spruce St. in Manchester.
According to the release, city police responded to a report of a shooting on Spruce Street. Upon arrival, officers found a woman, identified as Ashley Thompson, 25, suffering from a non-life threatening gunshot wound to the leg. Police also found the body of a deceased man, identified as Hans R. Odige, 35, of Manchester, lying on the ground nearby.
According to police, an autopsy performed by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner determined Odige died as a result of a single gunshot wound.
Odige was employed by an independent food service contractor at the Fisher Cats stadium. He was known to police as he was required to register as a sex offender. Odige was convicted on March 30, 2005, in Hillsborough County Superior Court, Northern District, of two counts of felonious sexual assault of a person between the ages of 13 and 16, according to the New Hampshire Department of Safety, Registration of Criminal Offenders website. On that same date, he was convicted of one count of criminal mischief, three counts of criminal threatening, two counts of felonious sexual assault and three charges of simple assault.
On Aug. 25, 2005, Odige was convicted of another criminal mischief complaint.
From October 2008 to May 2013, he also was convicted of not reporting his address to police, as required as a sexual offender; breach of bail conditions; simple assault; and criminal threatening.
According to police, Gebo has waived indictment on the murder and first-degree assault charges, and is scheduled to be arraigned at the Hillsborough County Superior Court North at 10 a.m. on September 13. He is currently locked up on other criminal charges, according to police.
Gebo was previously indicted in November on charges he fired a gun into a West Side home in May and June of 2016.
Gebo was indicted on five felony counts of reckless conduct with a deadly weapon, a felon in possession of a gun and conspiracy to commit reckless conduct.
According to court documents, police accused Gebo of firing his gun into a building at 91 West St. According to police, Gebo allegedly fired the shots into the building – five times on May 19 and then four more times on June 8. A local business caught the shooting on camera and that video led to Gebo’s arrest, police said.
Police have said that four people were in the apartment on June 8 when Gebo allegedly fired the shots into the building.