Police: Manchester man charged with punching police officer
MANCHESTER — A city man faces charges including assault and resisting arrest after police said he punched an officer Sunday.
Dustin Rousseau, 30, was shouting profanities and ran toward a front porch on Goffe Street about 5:40 p.m. Sunday to assault a woman standing in the doorway, police said in a release.
Officer Jason Soucy tried to speak with Rousseau before he charged toward the door and followed him up the porch stairs, police said.
Soucy tried to gain control of Rousseau, who turned around and punched the officer in the face, police said.
Soucy handcuffed Rousseau as he continued to struggle and arrested him on charges of assault on a police officer, criminal mischief and resisting arrest.
Rousseau was scheduled to appear in Manchester circuit court Monday.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
I'll bet he had a heck of a ride to the police station - ya think?
Hellooooooo mr. rubber hose.
What a dumb a s s Loser.
Kudos to MPD for not pummeling this P O S. Too bad though..heehee.