Police: 17-year-old shot in face, one of two reports of shots fired in Manchester over weekend | New Hampshire
All Sections

Home | Crime

Police: 17-year-old shot in face, one of two reports of shots fired in Manchester over weekend

New Hampshire Union Leader

August 27. 2017 8:04PM

MANCHESTER — City police are investigating two gun-related incidents, including a teen shot in the face near Stanton Park early Sunday.

Officers also responded to a report of shots fired on the West Side on Saturday night.

According to police, officers were called to the emergency room at Catholic Medical Center at 12:09 a.m. Sunday to investigate a report of a 17-year-old who had suffered a non-life-threatening gunshot wound to his face.

According to police, the teen told them he was in Stanton Park, along Pine Street, sitting on a bench. A man approached and without provocation shot him in the face.

A short time later, officers located a spent shell casing in the area of 207 Pine St. A witness provided a description of a yellow vehicle that fled the scene at a high rate of speed just after the shooting.

As police continued their investigation, they located and seized a vehicle parked on Main Street that had blood and ballistic evidence in it, according to a news release.

The teen was transferred to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Hospital, police said.

Around 9:50 p.m. Saturday, officers responded to the area of 377 South Main St. to investigate reports of shots fired. Witnesses told police a dark green or a dark-colored four-door station wagon with two kayaks or canoes on the roof drove by a residence several times.

The vehicle stopped in a parking lot across the street and two men stepped out.

The two were described as white, one about 5 feet 5 inches tall with long “scruffy” hair, a gray tank top and black shorts. The second had longer “scruffy” hair, witnesses told police.

According to police, one of the men displayed a handgun, either tan or silver and possibly equipped with a red laser sight. Police said the man “postured” with the handgun, pointing it at the ground, but did not point it at anyone.

Both men yelled at the occupants of 377 South Main St., claiming that someone had thrown something at their car and that they were going to shoot them.

According to police, the men then entered their vehicle and headed north on South Main Street. A short time later, three to four gunshots were heard and a vehicle fled north on South Main Street, then east on Granite Street, and headed toward the area of Canal Street.

Officers recovered a shell casing in the area of South Main Street.

Anyone with information on either of these incidents is asked to call Manchester police at 668-8711 or the Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040.


Crime Public Safety Manchester

More Headlines