All Sections

Home | Crime

Teen applying to be substitute teacher charged with sex assault of girl, 13, met at school where he interned

By JASON SCHREIBER
Union Leader Correspondent

September 20. 2018 10:10AM
Ellis School in Fremont. (Jason Schreiber/Correspondent)



FREMONT - A Kingston teenager has pleaded not guilty to sexually assaulting a 13-year-old student he met while interning at Ellis School during the last school year.

Andrew Samoisette, 18, has been banned from the school after he was charged following a Fremont police investigation that began in early August after authorities received a report that he was allegedly involved in a relationship with a female student.

He faces misdemeanor charges of sexual assault and simple assault.

According to an affidavit by officer Gregory Huard, police learned that at the time Samoisette was a senior at Sanborn Regional High School in Kingston, was interning at Ellis School, which serves preschool students to Grade 8, and had expressed interest in becoming a history teacher. Huard also reported that Samoisette had applied to become a substitute teacher.

During an interview with police on Aug. 13, Samoisette told investigators that he had helped the student with some assignments while interning. He was working with middle school students during the last school year.

“Mr. Samoisette admitted that the relationship between he and the minor child grew to them being physical with each other,” the affidavit said.

The girl later told police that she and Samoisette had been dating since March when he asked her to be his girlfriend. She also reported that their relationship had become physical with kissing and touching.

The initial criminal complaints indicated that some of the incidents occurred at school and at another location in Fremont on June 9 and Aug. 6, but police Sgt. Jason Larochelle said there was a clerical error on the complaints and that none of the alleged assaults were on school grounds.

In a recent letter to parents, school Superintendent Allyn W. Hutton said the school cooperated with police and the state Department of Education during the investigation.

“This was an isolated situation involving one minor and there is no indication that others were involved or at risk. The parents of the victim have been informed,” she wrote.

Hutton also said he is no longer working at the school and won’t have access to the school this year.

“As a result of the nature of the charges and an ongoing investigation, we cannot share additional information at this time. Please be assured that we place the highest priority on student safety in our building and will continue to do so,” her letter said.

Samoisette is free on $5,000 personal recognizance bail.

rockinghamnews@unionleader.com


Courts Crime Education General News Fremont Kingston


More Headlines

Hampton dog groomer arrested a second time

Animal Control officer guilty in groping case