Person jumps from Chichester home to escape fire
March 23. 2018 8:50AM
CHICHESTER — A person who jumped from the second floor during an early morning fire Thursday was taken to Concord Hospital, fire officials said.
Fire Chief Alan Quimby said firefighters responded to a Dover Road residence at 2:30 a.m. to discover a person had leapt from the house to escape the fire.
The blaze was quickly extinguished; the scene was cleared by 4 a.m., Quimby said.
The Red Cross said it was helping two adults who had been displaced by the fire.
The New Hampshire Fire Marshal's office and Chichester Fire-Rescue determined the cause of the fire to be accidental.
Quimby used the incident to remind people to have working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors and to ensure that all exits are clear of snow or other obstructions.
Concord, Epsom, Loudon and Pittsfield provided mutual aid, Quimby said.