HOOKSETT - Students at the town's Fred C. Underhill School were bused to another nearby school Tuesday morning as a precaution after a minor gas leak was discovered outside the building.
LONDONDERRY - Students who haven't been immunized against pertussis (whooping cough) are being asked to stay home after an outbreak of the communicable disease was confirmed at Londonderry Middle School this week.
CONCORD – House and Senate negotiators have a tentative agreement on a $125 million capital budget with the largest item $38 million for a new women's prison in Concord.
WINDHAM - A late-morning fire at a popular Windham eatery left the restaurant with heavy smoke and water damage Tuesday.
NORTH HAMPTON — A 79-year-old man remained in critical condition at a Boston hospital Tuesday after he was seriously burned in a camper fire at the Shel-Al campground Monday morning.
New Hampshire House and Senate negotiators reached agreement Tuesday on legislation legalizing the use of marijuana, but only for seriously ill patients. The bill, pending final approval of the committee of conference agreement by the full House and Senate next week, will be on its way to Gov. Maggie Hassan's desk, where, she said, she will sign it into law.
MANCHESTER – Police are investigating the death of a man late Tuesday morning whose body was found on the Canal Street side of the Wall Street Towers.
CONCORD – House and Senate budget writers are doing an about-face on the state Veterans’ Home.
An Enfield resident suffered second-degree burns Monday night in a two-alarm fire that started in a garage and spread to the house.
Rescue crews used heavy equipment, including the Jaws of Life, to pull a badly injured driver from her car, which had left the road and gone 50 feet down an embankment early Monday night.
An estimated 3,600 Public Service Company of New Hampshire customers in about 15 communities were without power late Monday night.
The bodies of William P. and Eleanor M. Grant were discovered about 1 p.m. inside their 37 Newbury St. home by a visiting nurse who cared for Eleanor Grant, who suffered from a terminal illness, a neighbor said.
A key aldermanic committee has backed renewing the contract for American Medical Response, the emergency ambulance company that, until several months ago, was beset by complaints over large bills and aggressive collection practices.
Damian Buchanan, 9, was one of about two dozen volunteers who spent Saturday pounding nails and sawing wood to build a new community garden along the Nashua Heritage Rail Trail.
A 20-year-old Hampton man has been indicted for distributing child pornography for allegedly transmitting images through a Facebook messenger program, according to prosecutors.
The Merrimack mother whose 8-month-old baby boy drowned in an unattended bathtub nearly two years ago was sentenced Monday to 5 to 10 years in prison.
The director of Manchester parks said he is going to remove the popular tire swing from the Livingston Park playground, after a metal shaft supporting the swing collapsed early Sunday evening and struck several children.
Pinkerton Academy graduated more than 700 students Monday in a lengthy ceremony that had students yawning and fidgeting with their gowns as well as batting around beach balls and shouting out approvals to fellow students.
A student identification card will no longer be a valid ID for voting in New Hampshire as of Sept. 1, after talks on the contentious issue between House and Senate negotiators quickly broke down on Monday.
The Supreme Court rejects Arizona's proof-of-citizenship voting law.
- 0 PNE appeals to NH court over PSNH’s default rate
- MANCHESTER — More than 800 people are expected to gather at the Radisson Hotel/Center of New Hampshire in Manchester on Tuesday for the New Hampshire Charitable Foundation’s annual meeting.
" > 0 New Hampshire Business Newsreel
- 0 Franklin budget excludes worker pay raises
- 0 Franklin petition seeks to oust two from city’s school board
- 0 Salem seniors make a mind-body connection
- 2 State budget negotiators still searching for common ground
- 0 Raymond man's hope for working van realized
- 1 Nashua's police unions consider next move on contracts
- 0 MobileWalla: These apps receive high marks
- 0 Mass. contractor fined over safety violations in Durham
- 0 Plymouth man relates growing up in the home — the Sullivan County Home
- 0 Derry school district looks to boost its bandwith
- 0 NH moose lottery to be held Friday
- 1 NH Local Government Center’s reorganization plans come under further scrutiny
- 1 Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned
- 4 UPDATED: Judge strikes down state education tax credit program, appeal expected
- 1 N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash
- 1 UPDATED: Little agreement on Medicaid expansion or revenues
- 0 Powerful storm wreaks havoc in Portsmouth
- 1 Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls
- 0 Weather Service warns of severe thunderstorms in southern NH
- 0 Manchester resident interrupts burglary
- 2 House-Senate talks on voter ID bill quickly break down, but agreement still possible
- 1 Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne
- 0 Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed
- 24 Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket
- 1 Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case
- 2 Man burned in North Hampton camper fire
- 0 Lost teen hikers found safe in Brookline
- 3 Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say
- 0 Final float-In of Memorial Bridge completed early Monday morning
- 0 Business newsmakers: President of wedu receives award
- 1 Commercial kitchens recognized for food safety
- 0 Hand cream dispenser for people with dry hands
- 0 Expanding their reach into the world of dance
- 0 Big Moose RV moves to massive Route 16 lot
- 1 Mom, 25, loses cancer battle; survived by two tots
- 19 Review asked of Manchester police traffic stops
- 7 Study recommends Millyard parking garage
- 0 Granite Staters lend a hand to Oklahoma tornado victims
- Should adultery remain a crime under U.S. military law?
- Total Votes: 641
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Death investigation under way in Manchester
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
NH tobacco cash proves a windfall
Traffic stops in spotlight
Study recommends Millyard parking garage