RAYMOND — Maurice “Moe” Titcomb resigned from the school board Monday — less than a week after fellow board members voted to take legal action to force him out.

The resignation followed repeated calls for Titcomb to step down after he missed 10 of the 15 board meetings so far this year.

Titcomb cited personal reasons for his decision to resign.

Board Chairman Joe Saulnier said the board will now seek a new member to replace him.

The board is expected to discuss the plan for filling the open seat at a meeting Wednesday, which will be held in the Raymond High School media center beginning at 6 p.m.

“We are thankful for the time Moe was able to give this board and the citizens of Raymond,” Saulnier said. “We are sorry he had to leave because of personal reasons and wish him the best in all his future endeavors.”

Titcomb was elected to a three-year term in March 2018. His term was scheduled to end in March 2021.

He previously served on the board from 2007 to 2010 and 2012 to 2013.

The board voted unanimously last week to ask its attorney to file a complaint in Rockingham County Superior Court asking a judge to remove Titcomb because of his repeated absences.

Titcomb had refused to resign despite growing frustration among board members who felt his absence from meetings wasn’t fair to the residents he represents.

A court order was the only option the board had to remove him because he is an elected official.

Titcomb previously told the New Hampshire Union Leader that some of his absences were related to family issues.

Friday, November 15, 2019
Wednesday, November 13, 2019