Obituaries and payments preferably should be made through funeral homes and cremation service providers, which will make the submission through Memoriams.com. If a family is not using a funeral home or for other circumstances, please call 603-206-1503 or email email@example.com for assistance.
Obituary and death notice submissions from funeral homes may be submitted through our online portal located at Memoriams.com. This service is provided to funeral homes at no cost. Funeral directors can register at Memoriams.com, price obituary packages from several options, and see a rough preview.
The obituary deadline is 5 p.m. Sunday through Thursday for the Union Leader and 3 p.m. on Saturday for the Sunday News. We do not publish obituaries in the Saturday edition.
We offer several packages, from basic obituaries published at no cost up to a full-column photo package. Free obituaries are limited to 70 words and should include basic information such as dates of birth and death, place of birth, parents’ names, schooling, military service and career, plus close relatives. They cannot contain mention of services.
All obituaries are published in the print edition of the New Hampshire Union Leader or New Hampshire Sunday news, as well as online at UnionLeader.com.
Obituary Package Options:
- Death Notice: A short notice announcing the death and containing basic biographical information, but no mention of services. Cost: Free
- Basic obituary (70 words, text only): A paid text obituary with room for more information and memorial information, starting at $90. Additional text and headshot photo(s) may be added for an additional fee.
- Standard obituary (100 words with small headshot photo): Includes a small headshot or portrait of the deceased, to appear in the obituary along with more text, starting at $185. Additional text and another photo may be added for an additional fee.
- Premium obituary (200 words with 1 full-column photo): Includes a large, full-column photo of the deceased above the obituary text, starting at $300. Additional text and another photo may be added for an additional fee.
- Second day notices: When placing an obituary the option is available to select an additional print day to run the obituary for a discounted fee.
- In Memoriam: For In Memoriam notices, please contact our Classified Department at (603) 669-1010.
We reserve the right to edit for accuracy and adherence to newspaper standards.
United States flags are available at no cost for obituaries of veterans. Other icons for religious affiliation, social groups, and interests may also be added for a small fee.
"NH Deaths" listings
The weekly "NH Deaths" listings include the following information: name (with maiden name in parentheses if available), age, address, date of death. There is no charge for this listing.
- For obituary questions, contact our obituary editor at 603-206-1503 daily after 2 p.m. 7 days a week. Or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For funeral homes that need technical assistance with Memoriams.com, please contact customer service at 877-705-4995 or email@example.com during these hours: Monday-Friday, 10 AM-8 PM; Saturday, 10AM-6PM; and Sunday, 10AM-6PM Memoriams holiday hours may vary. Check the website www.memoriams.com for more information.