ConVal sues state, wants $3 million for transportation

Contoocook Valley Regional High School.

PETERBOROUGH — Online social media threats prompted a police investigation and extra officers at ConVal High School this week.

Contoocook Valley Regional School District Superintendent Kimberly Rizzo Saunders said a photo posted to social media this week prompted concerns among students, parents, and teachers who saw the image as a threat.

The photo, posted by a ConVal student, was reported to police who determined there is no threat, she said. The school then notified parents of the matter, and on Wednesday Peterborough police had extra officers on campus to assure the school community everything is being done to keep them safe, she said.

“We wanted to make sure that they knew we heard them,” Rizzo Saunders said.

Last year all classes in the district were cancelled for a day after Anthony Wheeler posted a photo to social media in which another teen wore a black trench coat, fedora, orange goggles and holding two realistic-looking firearms with the text “Don’t go to school Wednesday,” according to court records.

Wheeler, 19, formerly of Antrim, agreed to a plea deal that gave him a 12-month suspended sentence after facing two felony charges of reckless conduct and criminal threatening.

Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Tuesday, February 18, 2020