Gas company employee injured at DHMC

A gas company employee working at the heating plant at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center Thursday afternoon suffered a serious head injury when a compressed natural gas supply hose failed and hit her in the head.

LEBANON — A contractor working at the Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center heating plant suffered a serious head injury when she was hit by a gas supply hose Thursday afternoon, a fire official said.

Fire Chief Chris Christopoulos said in a news release the woman, an employee of Xpress Natural Gas of Andover, Mass., did not appear to suffer a brain injury. She was injured when a compressed natural gas high-pressure supply hose failed, Christopoulos said.

A 911 call indicated the woman suffered burns but that turned out not to be the case, Christopoulos said. The woman, who was not identified by fire officials, was  brought to the DHMC emergency department for treatment, he said.

Christopoulos said no one else was injured. The incident is under investigation by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020