MANCHESTER -- The food court at the Mall of New Hampshire filled with smoke about 10:30 Tuesday night after greasy cleaning rags in the rear of Charleys Philly Steaks caught fire, fire officials said.

The mall was closed at the time, officials said, except for Buffalo Wild Wings. A Wild Wings employee tried to put out the blaze, which had  spontaneously combusted, according to a news release.

Firefighters moved the bin where the rags were stored outside and extinguished the remaining fire, the release said.

It took firefighters from four engines, two ladder trucks and a rescue vehicle about an hour to clear the food court of smoke, officials said.

The fire caused an estimated $5,000 in damage, fire officials said. Charleys will remain closed while contaminants caused by the fire are cleaned up and a city Health Department inspector will determine whether nearby restaurants were affected, the release said.