MANCHESTER — Police were called to Old Granite Street — the site of two high profile nightclubs — more than 600 times over the past 26 months, according to police data supplied to the New Hampshire Union Leader.

The data show that Whiskey’s 20 and its forerunner, Drynk, had four times as many calls as Club Manchvegas. Tanya Hall was shot to death after leaving Club Manchvegas on March 2, after a confrontation that started inside the club, authorities have said.

Management of both clubs said many of the calls reflect things that have little or nothing to do with their club, such as automobile accidents, motor vehicle stops or alarm activations.

Other calls may only be associated with the clubs because of the clubs’ proximity to an incident.

Police say 496 calls for service were associated with Whiskey’s 20 from Jan. 1, 2017, through March 10, 2019. Club Manchvegas had 122 calls during the same period.

“Ninety-five percent of that number is incidents that happened outside Club Manchvegas,” said Lisa Sturgill, a co-owner of Club Manchvegas. “Maybe 5 percent of that is inside — counterfeit money, declined credit card, a medical emergency.”

She said that security staff run all customers through handheld metal detectors on weekend nights. And they no longer allow motorcycle clubs or gangs to wear their insignia inside the club.

Club ManchVegas

A woman was shot and killed March 2 outside Club Manchvegas on Old Granite Street in Manchester.

The man accused of second-degree murder in Hall’s death, Justin Moura, is a purported member of the BROS, a long-standing motorcycle club in Manchester, according to previous media reports.

Mark Armaganian, the head of enforcement and licensing at the New Hampshire Liquor Commission, said his agency is working with Manchester police and the New Hampshire attorney general in the investigation into the Hall homicide.

“We are specifically investigating any potential infractions by the establishment and accountability by the licensee to determine what action should be taken,” Armaganian said in a statement.

The data also show that calls associated with Club Manchvegas in 2019 outnumbered those at Whiskey’s 20 — 18 to 10.

So far this year, Whiskey’s 20 has had two calls to check a subject, one for a 911 hang-up and one for a theft.

Club Manchvegas this year has had three alarm activation calls, three check-a-subject calls, two assault calls, two disorderly conduct calls, and one apiece for a medical situation, checking the condition of a subject and homicide.

In a statement released through Portsmouth lawyer Corey MacDonald, the management of Whiskey’s 20 said it has taken several steps to provide the safest experience possible.

Over the last year, Whiskey’s 20 got rid of its younger-than-21 night, stopped selling shots and adjusted music to a more top-40 format, which has drawn a more mature demographic, he said. It has also hired a new executive chef and reworked its menu.

“Despite our best efforts, the nature of the nightlife business is that we occasionally attract those who do not behave responsibly,” MacDonald wrote. “Considering the number of people we serve, it is truly a rare occurrence that we have a problem patron.”

Whiskey’s 20 hires a police detail, something police said the business has done for three years.

According to the New Hampshire Liquor Commission, both clubs have licenses that will expire on July 31.

Whiskey’s 20 was originally licensed in 2015; Rosalie Sweeney is president and Amalia Sweeney is vice president.

Club Manchvegas was originally licensed in 2013, and its licensees are listed as John Rousseau, president, and Sturgill, vice president.

Both locations have a homicide associated with them. In May 2015, Darrell Robinson, 29, was stabbed in the heart while on the dance floor at Drynk.