After the fourth MBTA train derailment in 2019 — and the second in days — the Massachusetts transit agency will hire a third party to examine the issue.

Steve Poftak, the general manager of the T, told reporters gathered at JFK/UMass station that the T will hire a third party to look at derailments.

“I want a fresh set of eyes on this to make sure we’re not missing something,” Poftak said.

Poftak held the press conference Tuesday after a Red Line train went off the tracks during the morning commute, causing delays throughout the city of Boston.

On Saturday, a Green Line train with 150 passengers aboard derailed near Kenmore Station, leaving 11 people injured. The driver was blamed for the crash and has been suspended. The cause of Tuesday morning’s crash has not been determined, but Poftak said the two events are unrelated.

Poftak said the T has an “obligation” to tax payers and that he will take “every step possible” to prevent future problems.

“It is not enough to accept bare minimum fixes or promises of investigations into what happened,” Wu said in an interview with MassLive Tuesday morning, following a Red Line derailment.

On Tuesday, authorities were dispatched to the MBTA station at Columbia Road and Morrissey Boulevard at 6:10 a.m. following a train derailment. Photos of the scene shared on Twitter show a train car leaning on its right side.

The MBTA reported delays of up to 30 minutes due to a disabled train at JFK/UMass station. The authority introduced shuttle buses between North Quincy and Park Street, and from Ashmont to Park Street following the incident to move passengers as crews work on the train.

The derailment also caused delays on commuter rail lines and Route 93.

Trains traveling on the Middleborough, Kingston and Greenbush lines were to make extra stops at JFK/UMass and Quincy Center, according to an update from the MBTA’s commuter rail Twitter account.

Ramps at Exit 15 on Route 93 northbound and southbound were also closed due to the derailment, but reopened shortly before 8 a.m., according to the Massachusetts State Police.