HUMORLESS wildlife experts and a gullible public are being rocked this weekend by the announcement that remnants of the wolverine, long thought extinct, have been discovered in the remote vastness of northern New Hampshire.
A RECENT COLUMN dealing mostly with elk, but also with wild boar — neither native to New Hampshire — piqued the interest of many readers, especially those not familiar with this side of the state's wildlife history.
TOP 10 SPONSOR
- Outdoor Calendar: Winter trees and solstice celebration
- Southern NH roads get slick, many crashes even before snowy a.m. commute
- Teen seriously hurt in Sandown ATV crash
- Reward offered after moose killed
- Out of Range calendar: Yoga and wine to trail work around the Squam lakes
- Out of Range calendar: Hot air balloons and the Newfound Water Trail
- Ugotta, you really oughtta, go to this regatta
- Dick Pinney's Guide Lines: Know where to look to find stripers, bluefish
- Hunting, trapping rules gain approval
- Out of Range calendar: Fight invasive species; take the family ‘ponding’